Interview with Lee Turner

  


A late-night, horror host Television program presenting public domain low-budget horror and sci-fi films, along with showcasing independent filmmakers and fandom. Lee Turner, host a very popular television show called After Hours Cinema,he also wrote a new film called Rattlers 2 Also was an  actor in The horror films  The Beast Beneath & Arachnado. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1006323/   https://www.facebook.com/AfterHoursCin/

 

 

Most have a story they want their friends to know or people to know about them. What is that one story, they would say makes you?

 

Answer: I think I would like people to remember me as a risk taker and one who was always ready to try new things.  I havestruck out on my own and lived all over the country moving sight unseen to places like Nashville, Miami, Los Angeles just to name a few, where I knew no one to try new things and new careers. Also, most people in the horror host and horror genre are not aware that I am a small-town practicing attorney which always leads to lots of interesting questions. 

 


Mr. Turner, can you tell my readers more about your 3 current films The Beast Beneath, Arachnado, & Rattlers 2?  Who was in the films? Who directed the films? Where can people rent or purchase them?

 

Answer: The Beast Beneath and Rattlers 2 were throwback made for TV movies for airing on After Hours Cinema on WGUD TV out of Pascagoula, Mississippi.   Both are somewhat nostalgia inspired creature features, with Rattlers 2 being a homage to the 70s nature revenge sub- genre and a direct sequel to the public domain classic.  Speaking of the public domain, Rattlers 2 was made to eventually be placed into the public domain for screening by horror hosts.  The Beast Beneath is more of a straightforward monster movie where the heroes must race against time to stop the ensuing carnage.  Arachnado is part of prolific indie horror director Dustin Ferguson’s pandemic series, who also directed The Beast Beneath and Rattlers 2.  Arachnado is killer spiders in a tornado film, think Sharknado but with thousands of scary spiders.  don’t know which is worse Sharks or thousands of spiders. 

 

All three films star genre legends Mel Novak and BrinkeStevens, with Deborah Dutch appearing in Arachnado.  These films had a lot of crossover cast members like D.T. Carney, Eric Russo, Jennifer Nangle, Sheri Davis, Dawna Lee HeisingKen May, Tino Zamora, and Geovonna Casanova and myself except for Rattlers 2. 

 

The Beast Beneath and Rattlers 2 are available for streaming on SoCal Cinema Studios on Demand here 

 

https://socalcinemastudiosondemand5.vhx.tv/

 

and purchase here:

 

https://kunaki.com/msales.asp?PublisherId=155419&pp=1&fbclid=IwAR3SdPxgCRrMT9O4PR-M5thSUeYMEpNV0sviRO6Oq5r1AE7UXGnEPFpjMxA

 

Arachnado is slated for a full release later this year. 

 

 


Please tell us about Fear Flix?

 

Answer:  Fear Flix is a new streaming service available on Roku by Wall & Bickham Entertainment, LLC, that I’massisting in creatively and in content procurement.  Fear Flix mixes the best in indie horror with the classics and prides itself on showcasing indie horror and sci-fi that is not available on any other platforms.   The service has also developed some original content featuring Scream Queens Pamela Sutch, Sheri Davis, Queen Malvolia aka Jennifer Nangle, and Monica Hayes.   One unique feature of the service is the weekly top ten and its curated list of horror shorts.  Fear Flix strives to provide a home for those horror films that for some reason did not find the audience they deserved on other platforms or just got lost in the mix. 

 


 

Mr. Turner can you tell us about any upcoming projects?

 

Answer: I am working on developing some projects with Director Tim Wall and Hunter Bickham with Wall & Bickham Entertainment and hope to reprise my role in their upcoming feature film Enterfear 2.  I am also writing a script to an old dark house style horror mystery that I hope to shoot before the end of year.  Additionally, I plan to continue writing and collaborating with Suzanne DeLaurentiis on Suzanne’s Saturday Night Scares and Very Frightening Tales. 

 

Mr. Turner, you have done a variety of films both writing and acting. Which is the funniest for you?

 

Answer: I would lean toward writing, but the most fun I have probably ever had filmwise was starring in the comedy feature Mando’s Machine shortly after I arrived in L.A.  Director Joe Meschwitz did a great job of building camaraderie amongst the cast and crew and its New Year’s Eve 1980 setting added to the fun. 

 

Mr. Turner, the lockdown has everyone reading, writing, and watching movies. Can you provides of list of what you have been doing?    

 

Answer:  I have been doing quite a bit of all three.  As to movies I have been watching a lot of 70s horror for some reason not sure if its nostalgia or just giving some classics a re-watch.  Also during the pandemic I have discovered all the great indie horror on Tubi TV. As I mentioned previously I’m working on an old dark house style horror mystery and hope to wrap up the script in the next month or so.  The last book I read during quarantine was Hue’ 1968 by Mark Bowden who wrote Black Hawk Down.                                  

 

Mr. Turner the classic question: what charity do you work with?  

 

Answer:  As the father of a special needs child, I support various Autism Charities. 

 

In dreaming can you describe what your dream movie, or role or who you would like to work with would be?

 

Answer:  Wow, that is a really tough question, as my interests are so varied and there are so many people I would love to work with, so I will narrow it down to the horror genre. Growing up in the late 80s and early 90s I would have to say working along the likes of Kevin Williamson, John Carpenter, and as just a slasher fan anyone from Friday the 13th 1-6, as well as Sam Raimi.  On the indie horror front there are just too many names to mention. 

 

As for a dream role it would be starring as a horror historian on a channel like Turner Classic Movies no pun intended. 

 

What one question do you wish I had asked and well what is the answer?

 

Answer:  I would probably say one of the questions that I get asked all the time is what is your favorite horror film?  After I give my standard disclaimer of it depends on the sub-genre, always answer the Exorcist. There is just something so horrific and dreadful about an innocent 13 year old girl getting possessed by pure evil. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The planned destruction of the system of things.

Interview Lisa Kate

Lists to help writers, thinkers, and doers